Monday, March 9, 2009

The Day Before the World Began

more like my world, but anyway.

Today I spent some time reading about unity as a necessary precursor for lasting peace, and had some interesting discussion with my fellow online-course mates. I also, as they say in India, "did the needful": I did my laundry, paid off some debts (this is a long story in itself), bought some new clothes, and made sure I invited a few friends for my birthday party. My p-units have decided to throw me a CLASSIC birthday party, with supper, cake,  hats, and noise-makers. So I could invite only a few people (much as I'd like to invite everyone I know out here in PP), but I still think it'll be a sweet time.

Also, sweet moment of the day: we broke the fast sitting on the balcony with some tea, dates, cookies, and prayers. It was great, but then it got better - as soon as the sun set, what should appear, but lightning! Y'all know how I love a good lightning storm, and this one delivered - a solid half-hour of non-stop lightning. Ah, I am so easily amused. Either way, I solidly enjoyed the evening.

I noticed today how quickly my departure has come - I've only just finished teaching, and now I head out for three weeks of gallivanting across the Malaysian peninsula! No time to spend bonding with the p-units...I guess I'll have to wait for Batambang in April to spend some nice family time. 

That's all for now!
(tomorrow is the birthday, so I will likely have much more to report) Although, I am already feeling older, but that's been accumulating over the last few months.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ashraf! Your birthday brings back memories of sweet times gathered around delicious Indian food... well at least that is how I remember it! I will for sure miss it this year! Have a great time at your birthday party little buddy! :)
Love,
Aman