Friday, November 28, 2008

              I woke up today to find that I was the only one in the house – my sneaky p-units had already jumped out for a romantic breakfast! So in true fashionable protest to this grave injustice, I went out for breakfast on my lonesome. I went to a place called garden (center?) café and got pancakes and eggs. I was pleasantly surprised by a long-distance call from my Nona! (If you’re reading this, thanks for calling.) And unpleasantly surprised by the price of breakfast ($6.75!!) although, I did order a mango shake, so I guess it was alright. Even still, when you get used to eating for $1.50 and $1.75, $4.75 pancakes and eggs seems pretty pricy.

    We went out again as soon as Shaku got back from breakfast. This time off to the ‘Russian Market’ to get some shirts and maybe some shoes. I found a bunch of shirts (some samples are up on facebook) for $4 each, which, if they are what they say they are, is good – but if they are knock-offs, is pretty bad. Supposedly these are Ralph Lauren shirts, Shaku is convinced they are factory surplus, but I don’t know – some of the colors look like they’d never make it into stores in Canada. Besides this, I went back to the lady who messed up and told me the real price of t-shirts, and hooked myself up with a sweet “Tintin au Cambodge” shirt. The t-shirts feel so nice, you guys have to come get some – or maybe I can send them across the seas? I dunno, but I feel like I want you to try out zese awesome t-shirtdawgs.

                Then we looked for shoes – and I was schooled in the ways of the Southeast-Asian foot: it is small. My feet aren’t too giant, just 10 and a half-11, or like 44-45. But that was just over the upper end of the spectrum on shoes they had in stock. So after scouring the Russian Market, and the Soria Shopping Centre, I found two pairs of shoes that fit: a pair of boots, and a pair of ‘prada’ shoes that made me feel like and Italian pimp. I really just wanted some nice black shoes, and should have paid a visit to an Aldo or something before coming to Cambodge. Either way, we heard about a guy who makes shoes, so I’m going to go investigate that process tomorrow – I wonder how it’ll all turn out.  

I saw a sweet collection of BBQ tarantula and cockroach, which I have documented for your eyes to feast on. Onto a completely unrelated topic in only the second sentence of a new paragraph, I was thinking it’d be fun to make a comic! That’s right, I’ve always wanted to be Tintin…and now I feel that dream is as close as ever! On the topic of dreams, I’ve let go of the tuk-tuk driver/company for now, because of lack of investor interest, but rest assured, I will start it up again when we’re out of the credit crunch, *sigh*. One more topic for this over-crowded paragraph: I’m not sure about who’s actually reading this blog, but how do you find it? I feel like it’s pretty mundane, just a run-through of what I’m up to…I may break into the treacherous waters of sharing actual thoughts and opinions, or I may not, just a thought :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog fairly often. Just below the limit of "Stalker-esq creepiness"

I think you need to set up some ads or something, make some revenue on your site. Maybe make it more appealing to the young masses of Amercia. How about a "Twilight" shout-out ;)

Did you eat some insects, I ehar they are very high in protein. Supposedly 3 roasted Locusts has as much protein as a 12 oz. Steak.

Unknown said...

Death of the tuk-tuk dream?? Don't let me down Ash, just because one half of the Mooh-Ash is stuck in cold hard Canada doesn't meant the other half can't be driving hard bargains with NGO workers to drive them to karaoke joints.