Monday, November 24, 2008

Nov 24.

I saw a tuk-tuk for sale today: bike and carraige for around 1000. The guy told me if I called his boss there's a chance I could buy it for less. So my alternative occupation of being a tuk-tuk driver/business owner seem nearer than those of doing development work. You see, I had this vision: a whole fleet of brand new tuk-tuks, painted in radically new colors, all having "look-look at my tuk-tuk" written on the side, and some random advertisment on the back. If you are interested in supporting this dream, then feel free to post your monetary commintement as a comment here, and if they all add up to at least 1000, then I will drive a tuk-tuk as my first occupation in Cambodia (and I will post the stories up here!).

CV's distributed today: 1, to Build Bright University. (I got rained on, and that just kind of put me off of going out anymore)

4 comments:

Jems of Joy said...

Hey Ashraf, great blog and video on bargaining tips. Keep it up and I'll be a faithful reader/watcher; this is much better than TV, almost as good as Little Mosque on the Prairie, the only show I really enjoy.
Love to you and the rest of the team.

Jamila said...

Karim and I commit to 200.

Unknown said...

I can probably bargain it down to 800...if I go really hard, so that means all I need is another $600...c'mon folks, the tuk-tuk dream is within reach!

Unknown said...

Oh man, if I'd seen this earlier I'd have added my contribution. Is the tuk-tuk dream still alive? Is this an investment or a gift?