Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dec. 1/2

These were two 'tired' days. I was pretty low, and, as a result, didn't do too much. I did go to a job interview at 5pm on dec 1. at the American Intercon Institute. They were interviewing a lot of potential teachers - and I was sure I wouldn't get the job. I was pretty clear with them in the interview that I wanted somewhere between $15-20/hr, and I wasn't sure if that was going to hurt my chances or not (seeing as how my last interview was for a job that paid $5/hr!). They told me last night that I would get a call before 7pm if I had made the cut...and I didn't get the call. And yet, today I recieve a call from them saying I've been hired, and they'd liek to talk about the terms of work - so I guess I gots a job!

Also, last night the p-units gave me a call to make sure I hadn't burned down thier apartment building, and they suggested I take a trip to Malayasia! So I'm going to go for a little training workshop put on by the Institute for Global Prosperity. Hopefully, I will learn how to make globals prosper, and then get on that business. I also found a link to a free settlers of catan (a rip off version though) online! If you're into the game, it's here.


This evening I had Beattie, Neissan, and Avuth over for dinner - we (Beattie) made some stir-fry, and Neiss cut us up a salata. Avuth brough some tasty fruit, and it was an all around nice dins. Beattie had to go, but the three of us played monopoly. Monopoly is a good time, but you should really be aware when getting into a game of monopoly that it holds little in the way of skill. Our best dice-roller was neissan, who's double-house developments on the yellows were the begginning of the end for Avuth and I. (this is also the first game where I've actually played until somebody went bankrupt!...we usually get tired and elect a victor so that we can get on with life)

More exciting developments tomorrow: a meeting to work out exactly what I'll teach when, where, and for how much!

1 comment:

Rob H. said...

What is this ripoff of Settlers of Catan called?

Pilgrims of Dogtown? AHAHAHAHAHA...haha...ha...