Saturday, December 27, 2008

Dec. 27

If I was going to write my horoscope today, it would be something like this:

Today you are surrounded by friends and new acquaintances. You may feel more social, because pluto is no longer in uranus. There is a chance that new friends may lead to possible short-, or long-term friendships...and if you are looking for work, this could be a good thing! Since the moon intersects with venus, you may observe a female influence in your daily activity, but not for long. Also, jupiter is in the twelfth house, and this means that you will see big things happening.

Of course, all of this came true.

Today I went to Jarnah and Beattie's for breakfast (friends!...and perhaps female influence??) and I met new friends (Lucas and Beck...and there is a chance that these could be short-, or long-term friendships!). I brought over some walnut bread, and a regular baguette, and the ladies provided the rest of a delicious breakfast, from delectable fruits, to Italian chocolate-chip-and-raisin cake to eat with our coffee. I was also introduced to the very Australian"Vegemite": basically the yeast by-product of beer brewing, which these interesting people decided to eat on their sandwiches. It's pretty much one of the best spreads to put on a sandwich, even if it is very salty.

Then I did some marking and wrote some feedback for my lvl 12 class. And later, we had some guests over. Our guests were two Cambodian Baha'i families, both of the guys (Sopheap and Sovvanarith) work in development. More acquaintances who can become short-, or long-term friends! I ended up chatting with Sovvanarith, and it turns out he has an NGO that was recently registered with the government. I'm likely going to volunteer with his organization during the day, and teach English at night. The First thing we talked about was making a website, which I have little experience in, but which everyone tells me is easy. So if you know how to make a website, drop some knowledge on me/ let me know if you'd like to volunteer some of your spare time for a Cambodian NGO! This could be the "big things happening" talked about in my horoscope. Either way, I'm pretty excited.

Writing a fake horoscope ha given me an idea for the blog. Seeing as how I have started to attend to the daily occurrences of my life, maybe I'll post up my horoscope as well, to see how closely they actually link up.

No comments: