Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dec.3

Today was an intersting day, full of upsa and downs. And when I say 'ups', I mean one 'up', and' downs' is actually just one 'down': I got a (better) job teaching english! yaya! and broke up with my girlfriend...The first I'll tell you about, but the second is far too personal for a blog.

My orientation meeting was today at 10, so I put on fancy clothes, hopped on a moto, and rode into the sunrise. I waited for 30 mins before I saw the guy, and all he wanted to do was meet and ask me if I was alright with the wage that they offered me ($12/h). This is becuase, during the interview, I told them that my last interview offered me $5/h, which was too low, and my last job was close to $30/h, which I assumed was unrealistic. So they settled on 12, which I think is decent for out here, but far from the best wage for paying off student loans. Either way, I'll be happy to start work on the 20th.

The next hour saw me go pick up brand new custom-made(!) black dress-shoes, and drop off some mail. I also hazarded some communication with our khmer cleaning lady who speaks no english, and managed to convince her to get some fruit from the market with a list of prices so that they next time I go, I wont get ripped off. I also watched 300 in the afternoon (what a spectacle!) and a lot of national geographic and the discovery channel. Also, a couple minutes of whole line is it anyway...which is likely the most consistently funnny t.v. show I've seen (or, ever made?)

Excitement builds for the flight to Malaysia!

join me next time,
same bat-time
same bat-channel!

No comments: