Monday, December 29, 2008

Dec. 29

Another day, another dollar.
pretty soon, I'ma be a balla!

Today I worked from 7:50-8:50, came home after the coffee-break to do some laundry, eat some lunch, get some photos taken, and generally hang out with the p-units.

at one point, this afternoon found me playing Civ2, listening to Bob Marley, chilling out in my room (courtesy of a fan), and enjoying a small moment of blissful nothing. Then I went back to school, worked 1:50-2:50; 3:10-4:30; 5:30-6:30; and 6:50-8:10. I thought it was alright, if I a little intense, but some of the teachers teach the two morning classes as well. Dayyam!

The kids were fun today, I'm really getting into finding salient examples to use when introducing/explaining new vocabulary. Also, I'm finding myself challenged to explain basic words and concepts because I have no concise definitions in my head. I told the kids that I garnered the meaning of the words I used by reading them in several different contexts, and deciphering their meaning that way (of course, I didn't use all these propa words, it was more like "I read lots of books to learn about words").

I also got to teach a bunch of kids about global warming, prostitution, cause and effect relations, hercules, santa clause, moral principles, and really whatever else struck my fancy while explicating the meaning of one word or another. I'm having a great time, I can only hope the kids learn something as well.

Right, 6AM wake-ups slay me. so I'll say good night, and see you tomorrow...

...wait, there was one last thing! Kind of random, but while riding home on the moto-dop (motorcycle-taxi), it began to rain. I closed my eyes to protect them, and then all of a sudden, just really started to enjoy the moment. Trying to see what the ride would be like if I was blind, I kept my eyes closed as long as I dared, and started to really get in the zone of listening to the sounds of the city and the feeling of rain on my face. random, but it was another nice little moment today.

k, peace for reals.

No comments: