Monday, January 12, 2009

Jan 12

Today was INTENSE.

I was called last night to take on a substitution this morning. I ended up subbing the whole day! It was a little crazy, but all fun times. I had some rowdies in the morning, but they all settle down enough to learn, so I don't mind. Came home at 11, (cashed my cheque on the way, cash monies!), and got down to business - practicing the guitaro. I was tempted to play fifa '09, but I had to mark some papers, and decided the day should be productive. If you haven't already picked up a guitar, I highly recommend it! You don't even have to make good music to feel like you're doing something! I hope eventually to play well and beatbox at the same time...the play well part may take me the better part of my time in the Cambodge, but I got time.

Afternoon involved some discussion of the Israel/Gaza conflict, the Bible, Alzheimer's, and the oneness of humanity. Interesting times working with a multi-cultural staff - sudanese, singaporean, american, canadian, phillipino, nigerian, cambodian, etc - make any discussion interesting just because of the diversity of cultural viewpoints.

Tonight I met Jarnah and Nadi for a Dosa (again, I know!). I managed to get the best-made Dosa yet again, and have now come under fire from certain friends for stealing all the luck. As some of you know, I am (or at least convince myself I am) a luck-sac. That's right, I am super-duper-ultra lucky. But, it's mostly perspective, so with the right mind-games, you can be lucky too! The trick is to imagine that every little good thing that happens to you, happens because you're lucky. This way you both 1. feel lucky, and 2. never take anything for granted. Moving from the initial thoughts, to engaging the full-fledged paradigm-shift, can be a long, and sometimes torturous journey. Trust me when I say, it's worth it.

We later came back to my place to complete Neissan's delayed settler's game. It went well, with Nadi taking the win thanks to an absurd number of 9's and 3's rolled in complete and utter disregard for probability. He also made very smart decisions. And now unfortunately, I have to sub all day again! I don't actually, it just means I need to sleep earlier, wake up earlier, and delay shopping by another day....at least I have bananas. (actually, quick aside, these bananas are tasty little things - tiny fat little bananes that taste like awesome plus two - put me in touch with my inner monkey)

No comments: