Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jan. 4-7


Oh irony. Mere days after being congratulated on the regularity and consistency of my posting to this blog, I find myself procrastinating. Luckily, I wasn't procrastinating just to avoid typing up dreary details of Cambodian life, rather, I was in a mode of general procrastination - brought on by my job. Yep, they wanted me to make midterm exams for both of my classes (which turned out to be no less than three separate exams because one class is split into reading and writing!). It all worked out in the end, with lots of time spent learning the hidden depths of formatting a document using Microsoft Word.

I have, unfortunately, forgotten what happened in the last few days, suffice it to say: nothing that exciting/important. I think the days were filled with teaching, exam construction, marking, and the watching of heroes (great show!). Also, the much anticipated "shipment" arrived from croatia, and the apartment is now almost like a real living space.

Today, however, was a whole different story. Today is "independence from the genocide regime day". Also, oddly enough, the day on which I re-gain some measure of my own independence. Today the p-units got on a plane to go to Ethiopia.

No comments: