Saturday, February 14, 2009

Feb 14.

My heart, clear of the clouds of passionate romance, basked in the singular clarity of singleness - on this, St.Valentines day. Likewise, my wallet, free from the bondage of exclusive relations, danced excitedly beyond the grasp of such hands as St.Valentine seems to embolden.

I had suggested in my previous post that I would upload phone photos today after my tuition session. This turned out to be impossible, because I managed to misplace the CD to install the software for the phone. There are two solutions: one is to find and download the software, the other is to bluetooth the photos to my dad's laptop and upload them. Neither of those seemed worth pursuing today. A thousand apologies. I will, however, console you with this ironic photo, titled, "Valentine's day when you're single":

:)

Jokes guys. The day was actually filled with meaningful interactions with other human beans, so I count it as a swet one. I "taught English"/chatted with my student for an hour and a half at Anise Hotel. He's still struggling with pronunciation, but he's getting better, and is the most driven student I've ever seen, much less taught. I later experienced my first lonely dosa, having expected to meet some friends who never made it...as a consolation prize, the dosa was incredible, and I actually read a newspaper.

I read an interesting piece of art sometime earlier in the day. It is dark now, and I don't want to turn on a light (as I might disturb the p-units), but I took a flash photo just to show you. I'll write the text out tomorrow because that was the most exciting bit. The face in the photo is an impression of Abdu'l-Baha.

I'm currently enrolled in an online course called "Constructing a Conceptual Framework for Social Action" offered by the Lazos Learning Association - so today I ventured my first online posts and responses, and kind of familiarized myself with the format of the next few months of study. I'm pumped for the course - I'm completely in love with the idea of integration . Let me explain: I'm a firm believer in the necessity of the unification of mankind as a step in the solution of the various ills afflicting us. In the same way, I'm a believer in the necessity of the unification of the self as a necessary step on the way to the discovery and use of effective solutions for the tests of life. This course is (as far as the I can see)a marriage of these two concepts. in the end, I'll have systematically explored how I want to be, live, and serve mankind, and what I want to do - such that I can do them all at the same time. I'll let you know how it goes :)

While posting to the online course, I made use of my time and did BUKETLOADS of laundry. I though tI had laundry to do, and then realized I only had the clothes I was wearing, a suit, some ties, and a t-shirt that were clean. Needless to say, I still have laundry left for tomorrow, but at least I made a dent in the dirtiness.

In the evening I went to a fastfood-gellato cafe fusion restaurant called "Lucky 7" with Sovannarith (aka Sarith, the guy who runs CRDA) while he waited for his wife to get back from visiting a friend. I ran in to some of the Cambodian teachers from my school, and it turns out one of them them knew my buddy Sarith from attending Baha'i activities back in the day. I ate some ice cream. I highly recommend a waffle-cone filled with gellato every now and again - so tasty!The late-evening saw Neissan, Kui(sp?), and myself at a place called "Tamarind", which is actually a sexy-time location. We played a German game called coohander(once again, sp?), which is a random animal-auction game. If your name is Eric Chamney, Jeff Konawalchuck, or Bryce Kustra, you'd be fascinated by this game, and purchase it immediately.

How was your Valentine's Day?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

K, fer starters, great photo of The Empty Chair. St. Single. Singletine's Day. Singelton's Day. Rushdys unite. You guys are funny.

Love Mom

Rushdy said...

Man, everyday i keep on thinking, i want to go to Cambodia.. i want to do something meaningful in my life.. Cuz, u making All of us proud!

Unknown said...

Salah - let be honest, I'm just teaching English! but thanks anyway.

Why don't you come to Cambodia?

Rushdy said...

I would love to bro.. i honestly would but i wouldn't know what the hell to do there lol!

i am sooooo sick of canadaa !! but i guess my degree will pay off some day