Saturday, February 7, 2009

Since then, till now.

I went back to work. I know, I know, bad move. But I did it anyway. The kids were all wondering why I was missing on monday, so I told them I was a secret agent, and that teaching English was a cover. Ok, I didn't, but I always think being a secret agent is the best reason for inexplicable absences.

One of my classes has become a nightmare! There were over twenty kids in each of my level 11 classes, but now (since public school rotates their schedule) most of my morning kids have switched to the afternoon! I had 31(!) kids in the class, and more registered. Ridiculous. Luckily, I didn't have to deal with it this week because I manged to get sick. again.

Wednesday I went to teach in the morning, and returned to the house rather drowsy, and kind of feverish. Then, as I lay in my bed, I could feel my temperature rising, and my stomach growling. The fever left on wednesday, but the stomach cramps and such persisted till yesterday. here is a picture of my last three days:

I felt much better today, and decided to go out and test my stomach on some eggs for breakfast. I met Becc, a wonderful girl working against human trafficking in Cambodia, for breakfast. She brought me some sweet home-baked cookies! I had requested them when I discovered she could bake, and was, today, happily rewarded. I later met Neissan for chess at Le Jardin. Good times. The running total for chess is now: 16-1-4. I got neis in a super-aggressive check-mate. aggressive by my standards, which is like the UFC of chess. Neis managed to slip a pawn to the bottom in our queenless game to eventually win another game. I fear my time is nearing an end, and our running total could reverse the more we play.

No comments: