Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 25th

Yesterday I got organized in my living.

I bought:

A small wall-mirror with two little compartments for toothpaste, etc.
A small make-it-yourself dresser to hang clothes in.
A hammer.
A screw-driver.
A row of wall-hooks to hang my towel/clothes on.

and today I plan to get:

stuff to clean the bathroom.
A Badminton Racquette.
Some nails.
a used bicycle.
possibly a maid.

I've been feeling pretty productive and healthy lately, even though I had the runs (a few kilos of mango will do that I guess :O). Yesterday I played badminton with Seng-shie (sp?) and it was killer. I used to play badminton in junior-high a lot, and then a few times here and there in university, so it was great to get back into it. The guys out here are quite good, and seng-shie is also quite good, so it was a rough re-entry into the world of badminton. On top of it, I was borrowing Elyssa's backyard-badminton cheapo-racquette. I will go again today, and hopefully this time, get more than 9 points. I sweat so much that I had to wring the sweat out of my t-shirt! Also had a nice dinner cooked by Melvene last night - we're back on the vegetarian kick, so the food is healthy(excet when oily) and nice.

The battambang-phnom penh comparison will be a three part series. The first will be written later today!

No comments: