Sunday, April 19, 2009

We go to Perhentian Island

Perhentian Island

Hokay, so a long time ago, amy and roshan decided to go for little vacation to an island. This was my “vacation from my vacation”. Already enjoying life in bustling retreats of Subang, I was now lucky enough to make my way, for something like $120, to Bubu resort on Perhentian island for a 3day/2night all-inclusive package vacation. Having never been on one of these, it was actually quite fun. We were all afraid that we’d be rained out becuase it was drizzly and rained after the first night, but, lucky for us, all was well. We chilled out, I got a tan, we all went snorkeling (my first time, I loved it), Riyaz and Quddus went scuba-diving, some of us went on a hike, we all played cho-tie-tee, Uno, and mahjong. good times. Snorkeling was hilarious - when we first made it into the water, I was so excited about all the different fish in the reef, I pointed a few out to riyaz underwater and he looked at each one, then he pointed out one that I hadn’t seen, then, he pointed directly behind me, and there, to my shock and surprise, was one of the other snorkelers bums right near my face. I choked on some water as I laughed. The rest of the day continued after such fashion, with us failing to see any turtles, but spotting some very cool looking fish and clams and so on. I highly recommend just staying in one place for a while if you’re snorkeling - there’s so much activity in one little place.

We also filmed us burying Elyssa in the sand. We thought it’d be fun footage to speed-up, and I still think it would, but, alas, the end of our video has some incriminating footage, and as such, can neither be spoken of, nor displayed for the world. (it’s so funny, I wish I could say something more about it).

I also realized how much I love the water, and the sun. I really need to live on an island.

No comments: