Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April twenty-deuce


Today, I received some clarity in my work, and things are slowly solidifying into reality. Recently, I have been organizing several areas of my life concurrently, happy to see myself living in an integrated way, with my decisions spanning the whole breadth and depth of my life. As well, I've been on the spiritual up-and-up, saying my prayers in the morn and eve, teaching people I meet about the Baha'i faith, and engaging (in large part due to the online course and my cousin Salah's blog) in conversation spanning topics of immense interest. In addition, I am currently exercising immense self control, restricting my sugar-cane-juice consumption to just one drink, and only at 3pm. It is 2:20 now, and so far I have looked at the clock only 5 or six times, not too bad!

I am to make a three month plan for work, and start developing curricula for the masters program here...which is thrilling and terrifying at the same time. (note, I first wrote terryfying, just for you, mom) The first course to develop is a report-writing course, with the first module being "annual report-writing". Not the most exciting, but it's good to start with something safe and technical before I branch out into designing crazy courses :) I've also been e-mailing around, and browsing online for some grant-application opportunities. Hopefully that all pans out-actually, I have surprisingly great confidence that it will work out...we'll just wait and see what happens!

it's now 2:40, and my throat is calling for sugar cane juice, got to go!

edit: I didn't drink it until 3:00. Ah, the sweet taste of self-control.

3 comments:

Rushdy said...

man, your in a nirvana life stage :D.. an you are not only engaging, you are influecing in converesations!

Unknown said...

Yeah, nirvana life-stage indeed!
I was just telling my dad yesterday that I recalled a conversation I had with Dr.Ridvan Moqbel about my future:

He asks the kind of broad, "so what do you want to do in your ideal future" or something like that. I, being a philosophy, really thought that I wanted to do BahaĆ­ scholarship and get paid for it...and here I am like two years later, getting to do the impossible!

ah, life.

Rushdy said...

Tell me about lifeeee.. btw, we need a facebook private conversation about malaysia :p