Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Fullness Of The Thing

I think I left off with Quddus and I arriving in Malaysia, greeted by Amy, Roshan, and Ryan "Lion" Lash...This is exactly where our unbelievable journey of eating began.

Quddus and I arrived at around 11pm, which we thought was appropriate for sleep, but which roshan and amy indicated was actually perfect for visiting a 'mamak'. You see, 'mamak' is actually the name for an indian-muslim man, but over time, has become synonymous with the 24-hour eateries which these men so often run. So we went, for the first visit of many, to a place called Sukumaran's (suku's for short) in Subang Jaya, which is a suburb of KL. Here we watched a premier-league game projected on a large screen outside the restaurant, ate a few kinds of roti, and drank some tehtarik.


Now, this all happened what seems like ages ago, so I'm not going to aspire to a chronological tale of the events, but I will list Everything I can remember/have noted, and then tell you guys about a few of the notable events.

The following happened in Malaysia:
Breaking the fast at several different homes
Ryan Lash gives a presentation
We go shopping for breakfast
we eat at Suku's (x5, x10, x???...many times)
we eat at Asia Cafe (at least 7 times)
We go to Mourni's
we see the twin towers
I go tutor for a day at Balakong
We go to Naw Ruz + the post naw ruz party + the post post naw ruz party
We go to many open houses
we play settlers of catan (throughout)
we go to Perhentian Island
Everyone except ryan and I goes to singapore for a wedding
I smash ryan's face in an epic game of war
I hang out with Riyaz and Farshad
I chill out, and meet up with William Jacob
People return from Singapore
We play futesol
Amy and roshan delay their departure long enough for us to hang out a little more
also long enough for us to film a music video
Everyone leaves the country except for Quddus and I (quddus is still in singapore)
My dad and Shaku arrive, my dad gives a coupla talks on SRD
I go to the Ludher's and hang out with Dad and Shaku for a bit
I go to the Jayagopan's
I go to singapore
I watch jackie chan's latest film, and, somehow, escape from witch mountain
I go to Riyaz's again
We leave malaysia
We spend the night in the Bangkok airport
we return to Battambang

whew! so that's actually an almost chronological list, but I'm not too sure, either way, I'll pick a few interesting stories and write them up as seperate posts in the blog.

2 comments:

Ayda said...

It was so wise of you to escape from Witch Mountain. In Melaka, friends invited us and we couldn't say no, but that was too corny! At least, the half an hour that I made myself watch it was so. The rest I was sleeping! ;)

Unknown said...

Haha, we went to see the jackie chan movie originally, but we came late, and all that was left was race to witch mountain...all I remember is the way the kids talked...sad, but proper and complete english has become a point of comedy :)