Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Age catches up with me

Yesterday morning, as I knelt down in front of a broken computer, I felt a strange twinge in my back. Since then, I've had some rough lower-back pain...I feel like I'm 80!

I got to join a book one with Melvene, Elyssa, and Elyssa's friend Tammy. It's been such along time since I went through the material - it was nice to just refresh on the basics of the ruhi institute. We had a great time trying to formulate four questions per short quotation, e.g.

"The betterment of the world can be accomplished through pue and goodly deeds, through commendable and seemly conduct."

Q.1. How can the betterment of the world be accomplished
Q.2. What will be accomplished through pure and goodly deeds, through commendable and seemly conduct?
Q.3. uh...wait wait, I can think of one...What, in addition to pure and goodly deeds is required for the betterment of the world?
Q.4.oh man, there's nothing left...
melvene: we're not moving on until you think of a question
Q.4. ...hmm...The betterment of what thing will be accomplished through pure and goodly deeds, through commendable and seemly conduct?

As you can see, we had to stretch ourselves towards the end - fun times though! We held it in a place called "madison square" which is a really uninviting new restaurant that serves great pancakes. It has a motorcyle on the roof. Yes, it is as strange as it sounds. oh, it also projects khmer music videos onto the wall of the building across the street. RANDOM!

I am incredibly behind in my work, but life is as sweet as the coconut water I drink every morning.

No comments: