Sunday, May 31, 2009

race to the finish

I eneded up buying a new ticket that departed this morning at 8:30 from siem reap to KL. Upon my arrival (while still in a dazed state), I recharged my old malaysian sim card and called Farshad. Luckily, he was nearby, at a place called sepang(sp?). This is where they hosted the F! race - he was at the Asian Festival Of Speed (AFOS). So he came and picked me up, we packed my bags in the back, and the first thing I did in malaysia was sneak into the race car pits. We checked out souped-up lamborghini's and Ferraris, etc. I'm not really a car person, and I've never seen a race before - this was great. The best was that I got to walk around as if I was a media person, hanging out with riyaz and farshad's buddy Sabri (coincidence? I think not!), who owns a small race company. I felt the engines of the cars start when I was three floors up! We were also beside the scantily clad party girls and the dj booth. What a random arrival!

There was also a drifting competition on the side - which alternated between amazing and ridiculous, as any and all takers were allowed to try their hand at a small course laid out with cones. I might one day get into this motorsport business. We also met iranian guys representing a racecar sponsor who gave us free non-alcoholic malt drink things.

Then I went to Farshad's place, helped him with some grocery shopping - where I purchased some guava's on steriods.

Great day. Pictures and videos will come up soon!
and by soon I mean after I get out of the training.

No comments: